Works fine on xiaomi mi5 standard edition, thanks a bunch. But from what I’ve read online, SP Flash Tool is recommended for flashing MTK devices.
If you don’t have it, you can acquire it on How to Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC content. The first step is to download the MIUI Fastboot ROM for your respective Xiaomi stock ROMs, Redmi, or Poco device to your computer. As we mentioned earlier, Xiaomi officially provides Fastboot ROM packages of the latest MIUI updates for all its devices. In conclusion, Xiaomi Stock ROM development has become increasingly popular due to the increased popularity of its devices. Custom ROMs are available for various Xiaomi devices, and the official Xiaomi update process is secure and convenient.
- Select Yes to confirm and the update will begin installing.
- We can use the following method to flash firmware if you use Custom ROM or a rooted device.
- Now your phone has Stock MIUI ROM with removed root access and unlocked bootloader, with TWRP recovery installed.
- We personally suggest using the ‘clean all’ option in such cases.
- A. No, Mi Flash Tool is a Windows-only application that cannot be installed on a Mac or Linux system.
If you own a Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Mi5, Mi6, etc. then you won’t get such prompt and would directly boot into TWRP. Here we show you how to install Mi Flash Tool on a Windows PC and the basic functionality of using Mi Flash Tool to flash Xiamoi Fastboot files. You can Download Mi Flash Tool for Xiaomi devices from above before using the Mi Flash Tool. After selecting the ROM .zip file, perform “Swipe to Confirm flash” on the bottom of the screen to start installation process. Once done, you need to go back to TWRP recovery main menu and tap on the “Install” option.
This app requires custom recovery installed to function. There is one quality you need to qualify when it comes to custom development, and it is to unlock the bootloader of the device. Once this is done, you have opened floodgates to a plethora of customizations. We suggest that you get hold of TWRP recovery before you make your steps in the flashing community. This is not a compulsory requirement but only a recommendation.